Ill in Singapore

Yes, as the subject line states – we, meaning Tobias & myself, (Walter is already back in Switzerland),are both ill now.
i had strange one-off symptoms since the 2nd week we were here & then got the full-blown flu a few days ago. Last night, Tobi had a high fever & cough, so we visited the doc today. He is on meds & was doing better (thot still slight fever) till dinner time. He was happily eating & had almost finished his dinner when he coughed too hard & threw-up his whole dinner. Sigh! He was cleaned up & given a bottle of milk & then some rest time & then meds & then off to bed he went. He’s sleeping now & fever has subsided, which is good. He seemed so much better after throwing up – my mummy says it’s cos all the phlegm he had in him had mostly been expelled along with the food he threw-up. Let’s pray so & then he’ll be well by the morning.
Myself?? – well, i’m on the road to recovery already so it is ok for me now. i have not been so ill since … i think about 1 1/2 – 2 years ago. It is great having my mummy around to help out & say reassuring things like: “He’ll be better now that he has thrown up.” Thank God for Mummies!!
i remember when Tobi was seriously ill for the first time – it was scary watching a little person throw-up so much stuff – it was like a fountain – oops! i better not get too graphic with the details of how ill he was – but i have learnt from that & am now better prepared when he becomes ill.

On another topic, i’m highly frustrated with airlines & their booking systems – i won’t say which one – most people who read this know that we fly this airline all the time – so are very loyal customers! i would think that has it rewards but… & they are normally a great airline to fly with …well,… the whole story is as follows:
We had to book my ticket separately from Tobias’ as mine is a redemption ticket & his a commercial paid ticket – so mine booking was done over the internet & his had to be done over the phone as he is a child under 2 years. At the time of booking, we could not get both tickets to be confirmed for the same return flight. We rang & consulted the reservations office in Zurich – the lady said that cos our intended return date is a little more than a month away, she was quite confident that if we went on the waiting list then, we would be able to get the seats we wanted. So we did. But now it seems that we can’t. i have called & have also visited the office personally – they have red-flagged our case & concerns but can only reply on Monday. & we were told on Saturday that the earliest confirmed date of departure we could get was 19th March & that there was nothing from now till then!! They are booked solid for the next 2 weeks!! That’s just not believable!! Not only that – if i wanted to change my departure date, i had to do it by Monday for my ticket & that there maybe a penalty fee to change Tobi’s!!! SIGH! We have things we need to get back to in Switzerland!!
Now we are just praying really hard that we get good news tomorrow afternoon that we can both fly out of Singapore on 3rd March 2006!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: